LaTESOL is a not-for-profit organization whose purposes are:
- To promote the professional development of the teacher of ESOL within the state of Louisiana
- To strengthen at all levels instruction and research in ESOL in the state of Louisiana
- To collect and disseminate useful information about the teaching of ESOL and about new developments in the state of Louisiana
- To establish national contacts through affiliation with TESOL
provide opportunities for sharing of information, group study, and
discussion of problems confronting TESOL teachers in the state of
- To cooperate in appropriate ways with groups having similar concerns.